– for your safety –
The products of the cable, rubber, and thermoplastic industries must be safe in the event of fire, so that people can leave the danger zone before a fire spreads.
For this purpose, the ALFRIMAL® product range was developed. Depending on the specific surface of the material, the water bound in the crystal can be released at different rates and is available for all market requirements.
As a halogen-free, flame-retardant active ingredient, ALFRIMAL® reacts immediately to the temperature increase that occurs in the event of a fire and has a smoke-retardant effect without impairing the processing of materials in terms of their color, surface or grip.
ALFRIMAL®, based on aluminum hydroxide, works as flame retardant by giving off one third of its weight as water starting at about 200 °C ambient temperature.
1. This reaction is endothermic and cools the source of the fire.
2. The water hinders the oxygen in the surrounding air to get access to the flammable gases created by pyrolysis.
3. The aluminum oxide remains as an inert protection layer on the surface of the solid material
The speed to give off the water depends on the specific surface of the product. Depending on the application and the total formulation, ALFRIMAL® should act as a water booster and give off its water very quickly and ALFRIMAL® should react smoothly over a longer period of time to keep escape routes free from fire propagation as long as possible.
ALFRIMAL® products are available to cover both extremes as well as any situation in-between which might be requested for a specific formulation, in combination with all kinds of other flame retardants.
- ALFRIMAL® 104
- ALFRIMAL® 104 HS
- ALFRIMAL® 106
- ALFRIMAL® 106 HS
- ALFRIMAL® 443 / 444 S / 446 / 447 S / 448 / 449 / 449 S
- ALFRIMAL® 445 LV
- ALFRIMAL® 506 P
- ALFRIMAL® 547 XS / 549 XS – für “Solid Surfaces”